Search SHS

Monday, May 2, 2011

Springtime stripes

Here at Secondhand Star we love following and blogging about trend reports. They're a great way to stay current when you're not able to shop the ready-to-wear market. One of our favorite constants for this spring was stripes. Another was brights and the color red.

So here they are, like peanut butter and jelly.
Enter the red and white striped shorts with the classic Lacoste logo. (Notice the tiny alligator down below)? Found while on a local thrifting jaunt, these babies are straight out of the 80's.
I loved the pleats and the candy striper color, but I didn't think they'd be super wearable until I began to notice that red, white, cream, and porter shorts were all popping up for spring!
 Adding the wide, red, vintage belt gave them some structure.
And I loved those little double pleats!
 You know how sometimes clothing just makes you feel like you're in a film still?
 Well these shorts along with the perfect, silk, cap sleeve blouse had that effect on me.

 And I felt like a 50's ingenue out sunning.
And of course what ensemble would be complete without the right shoes...?
And earrings?
One of the most enjoyable things about styling vintage clothing is that you never quite know what you'll find and how it will sync up with the rest of your wardrobe. Until I got hold of this blouse and belt, these shorts just sat around in my closet. But once the right piece came across my path, they were ready to rock!
So I guess the moral is, keep hunting and always have your eyes open for the next thing. It just might snap the life into that odd little garment you've been saving.

Love, 

Noa B

Blouse: Banana republic via thrift
Belt: Vintage via thrift
Shorts: Vintage Lacoste via thrift
Shoes: Hego's
Earrings: H&M

3 comments:

  1. Love this! So classic and chic! That belt and those shorts were made for eachother!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like about the shorts is that you can pull them off even in not so fashionable cities/towns :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh...those shorts are fantastic! Thanks for this post. I'm inspired to plan a "hunting" trip this week for some new (old) treasures. :)

    Dawnya
    Everything Nonsense

    ReplyDelete