Search SHS

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring Fling

The thing I love most about what I do, is inspiring others to think outside the fashion box and look far beyond your typical shopping norm to find unique items that inspire you and your closet (and may just inspire others too!)
And that's just what happened when a girlfriend of mine showed up at the door yielding thrifted delights galore, including this $1 vintage spring stunner for me!
The first thoughts running through my mind were... A) Awesome friend B) It will probably need some serious altering, dying, or tweaking because nothing is usually just right, straight off the $1 dollar rack.. and C) Oh, I'm dead wrong.
I seriously couldn't believe how cute and easy this homemade little dress was. I zipped it up (how rare that it fit to perfection!), popped on some Steve Madden cork wedges and I was good to go!
I've been looking lovingly at this vintage white quilted bag in my closet ever since I found it for mere dollars last Fall. Now I had just the reason to pull it out!
It's so Spring and fun and I decided to just go for it with a tiny headband creating the perfect bouffant by pushing back my growing-out bangs, grandma-type pale pink pearl earrings... (they were clip-on, found at a recent scavenger-thrift hunt on a very stressful day!)
And a liquid cat-eye to boot!
The generous sunshine on my face had me fantasizing about playing hooky all day, in my brand new (old) whimsical dress, but I decided to be a good girl and just carry on with it instead...
Besides, bringing out the pretty is what I do for a living anyway, so why not bring in the sunshine?

P.S. Heidi - thank you for the dress! 

With Love,
Tanya D xx

3 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! Love this dress and it looks great on you! :)

    http://style-love.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so lady like and pretty here, T! :)

    Love it!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete