Search SHS

Monday, May 23, 2011

Vintage purple pants

Okay, I admit it. I've always hated, (no wait, capital H, "Hated") pleated, high waisted, peg legged pants. I think I spent most of the 90's in search of boot leg, palazzo, and sailor silhouettes in protest.
However, I recently fell in love with Gucci's array of jewel toned colors and 70's-80's inspired cuts for spring. The bright purples, oranges, and greens, all done in high waisted trousers, along with pencil skirts, completely overcame my aversion to this shape.
Lo and behold, I came across this late 70's, poly-blend pant for a dollar last month on a thrifting jaunt.
I loved the color, the pin tucked waist band, the narrow ankle. Basically everything. But I thought rather than add another bright tone top A la Gucci, I'd try combining them with my other favorite trend for spring/summer--crochet.
I added my favorite pair of Seychelles, (super 70's cognac and gunmetal leather) along with some antique, Bedouin necklaces and thrifted bangles.
My favorite pair of gifted, silver chandeliers added the remaining touch.
It's kind of shocking that something this high in the waist could actually be slimming! But once I tucked in the bat wing top the proportions all fit together.
I think I just "hearted" polyester!

Love, 
Noa B 

Pants: Vintage, via Out of the Closet, $1
Top: Nordstrom
Shoes: Seychelles: Nordstrom
Earrings: Birthday gift
Necklaces: Silver and Pewter: Israel, vintage
Bangles: Thrift

4 comments:

  1. Love those pants, Noa! Would love to see them with a bright colored top s/a green, orange, or red!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pants are amazing, you look so chick

    miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the pants!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!!
    Large Crystal Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete