Search SHS

Friday, August 19, 2011

Red Linen Dress

I've always loved beading, embroidery, and all manner of embellishment. From Alexander McQueen to Vivienne Westwood, there's something so inspiring about wearing fabrics that have been "worked".
I found this red, linen dress at Out of the Closet for $5. The beading was in amazing shape. The only real distressing to the dress was in the lining, (that had been cut and shredded on the inside).
I removed the lower half of the lining and cleaned and pressed it to ensure that there would be no strange seam lines peeking through. I then paired it with my new B. Makovsky heels, (uber comfy btw)!
Although this dress didn't need much by way of accessories, somehow extra bling seemed to work better with it. Example? This gold coin belt I found in my travels to Oahu, (see here).
Along with some Grecian earrings and bangles, the look was complete.
A cashier at my local drug store asked me if the dress was Turkish. That's the beauty of thrift! It's always a guessing game to know the origins of your clothes.
I love wondering where in the world this dress went before it found its way to my closet.
I'm just glad it did... As always, happy hunting!

Love,

Noa B

Dress: Vintage Thrift
Earrings: Grecian gift
Shoes: Makovsky
Bangles: F21 and Boutique; Larchmont

4 comments:

  1. The belt goes so perfectly I thought it was part of the dress at first! Gorgeous.

    Jenn
    Secondhand Stylist Thrifted - Three Ways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! so one night in Mexico hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the belt was part of it too...great find! Love red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am swooning over this, Noa!! I would wear it in a heartbeat.. and the belt? DYING!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete