Search SHS

Monday, August 29, 2011

Boho for a buck!

How much do we love Calypso Clothing? As my beautiful partner can attest, (she's a design/stylist in their showroom store) their boho sensibilities are always perfection. And I happen to love these Daishiki style tunics they've been showing all summer. (As seen below).

I wanted to find my own, thrift version of this hot top and I came across it last week on a dollar, binge fest!
This tunic has the same length and proportions as the Calypso tunic above, but I thought I'd style it with a classic pencil skirt and go for the tuck-in rather than my usual denim or drapey, maxi-skirt.
I was feeling monochromatic, but a warm pop of cognac gave it that extra hint of color in the form of this vintage braided belt.
Vintage pearl clusters also shifted it from hippie boho, (my usual staple) to ladylike and pulled together.
Some floral wedges for fun...
And simple hoops to keep it clean and classic.
And there you have it. Calypso flavor for a buck.

Love,

Noa B and Tanya D

Shirt: Unknown brand, vintage thrift $1
Belt: Vintage thrift
Skirt: Billion Dollar Babes sample sale item
Bracelet: Vintage thrift
Heels: F21
Hoops: Abbott Kinney Boutique

1 comment:

  1. You're so pretty it's stupid. And I need to borrow this top asap!! xx

    ReplyDelete