Search SHS

Monday, July 18, 2011

Inspired by Pucci

I've always been a fan of Pucci-esque patterns. And when I saw this dress hanging on the vintage rack at Rag-O-Rama back in the spring, I knew it was coming home with me. 
I was waiting for the right opportunity to take this beauty out of the closet. When Tanya invited me to accompany her to the Angus Mitchell, Cut-A-Thon in Beverly Hills last week, I wanted to bring out something really special, so I set to work hemming an entirely different dress...

However, when Tanya arrived in her newly redesigned, 60's mini, we had an inspiration. (See last Friday's post below). Both the color as well as the cut were such a perfect complement with the orange-y, 60's finish of this dress that we decided it would be fun to dress as a combined "story" for our date!
And so we did! My dress was pretty busy, so I kept accessories to minimum with the exception of this bright, Italian, leather clutch whose colors were a spot-on match!
No necklaces or bangles for this one. Just my big, chandelier earrings, (which I just found after having lost them for a month--huzzah)!
And my favorite pair of spiked, black bootie-heels for some rock and roll edge.
Hair was twisted in loose, 1" barrel waves and then pulled into a mini-pomp.
And that's how we rolled out for our first, duo engagement as co owners of Secondhand Star!
To read more on the event, catch the fabulous Ms. Tanya's full interview with Angus Mitchell here.

Love,

Noa B and Tanya D

Dress: Vintage
Booties: NYLA, via Nordstrom
Clutch: Vintage
Chandelier earrings: Olvera Steet

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite dresses on you! The fit is perfection! And you won't see anyone else wearing it - the best part! xx

    ReplyDelete