We found this peacock blue, sequin sheath at Out of the Closet for a dollar recently.
For a dress like this, there are some challenges to doing a home repair. First, this piece has a TON of seed beads and paillettes. (Not machine friendly). So this meant that taking it in or up had to be minimal because sewing over beads is not the easiest task. To avoid having to undo tons of bead work, we did the following:
Step 1: Cut the hem, leaving hem "allowance for folding over. (We cut off nearly a foot).
Step 3: Taking in the sides. This was done using a "tack" method.
And here's the result!! A gorgeous, retro, studio-54 dress that's ready for a night out on town!
Noa B and Tanya D
Dress: Vintage: Via thrift, $1.00