Search SHS

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Long lost twin-suits!

On a recent trip to Georgia I decided to take a swing through some thrift stores to see if "Hot-lanta", (as it is popularly known) would have some sizzling finds. (And boy did it ever)!

I picked up an 80's, Liz Claiborne power dress that kind of reminds me of a Robert Palmer video vixen.
I also stumbled upon a pair of adorable, baggy, harem pants in polka dot. Heaven! Not only did I score some great little numbers we'll be bringing you down the road, but I stumbled across a find so unusual that I had to share...
Not long ago, Tanya and I found an amazing, navy and white pant suit while filming a short, video segment.  We couldn't wait to get started on the alterations...
Then unexpectedly, (and amazingly) I found the nearly identical polyester suit here in Atlanta, this time with a skirt attached instead of a pant! It was fate! Like long lost twins, we reunited the pant/skirt/jumpsuit.
It's amazing that you can fly across the country and find the same, vintage garments on opposite sides of the continent. It seems they wanted to be together--so we obliged.

Stay tuned to see how we wore them--tomorrow!

Love, 
Noa B.

3 comments:

  1. GREAT post! :)

    P.S. I have found TWO nearly identical black w/ white polka dot harem pants... one pair was by Liz Claiborne... love 'em!

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I thrifted the exact jumpsuit it's in the cleaners. It's a little short on me. I can't wait to see how you wear yours. BTW love your site I wish I had your sewing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to see how you change them!
    Meg.

    http://megarasfashionsketchbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete