Search SHS

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Babydoll shirt redefined

I love this chic, silk-chiffon shirt I found in a vintage shop for a buck.

It's super cute, but there's something just too big and flouncy, and a little matronly about it whenever I try to pair it with a sleek, fitted bottom.
So I think I'll hack off the arms and take in the side seams just a little, to give it that babydoll, 60's edge and then couple it with a wintery mini. I want to keep the slits, so I can only take in a couple of inches. But a few inches all around can make all the difference! Voila!

This hounds-tooth mini is a vintage find I scored last winter. It was a super long, librarian skirt that I hacked up and took in to make a "mod" mini skirt. It's a classic pattern and shape. It was just waiting for the right top.
My favorite cargo jacket is so soft on the inside, it's like wearing a PJ top. So it was perfect to wear to an early matinee, Thanksgiving movie.
Happy Turkey day all! Whatever you choose to do with the holiday, do it with those you love!
Love,

Noa B

Shirt: Vintage, reconstruct
Skirt: Vintage, reconstruct
Boots: Michael Kors, many seasons ago
Tights: Charlotte Russe
Bangles: Thrift
Jacket: Charlotte Russe, last winter season

No comments:

Post a Comment